Easy ShakshukaJuly 4, 2020 2020-07-18 22:04
Shakshuka, or eggs poached in tomato sauce, is an easy and delicious dish that can be served for breakfast or brunch (but is just as delicious for lunch and dinner).
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 small red onion chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/8 tsp salt pink or sea salt
- 1/2 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp parsley for garnish chopped
- 1 tbsp feta cheese crumbled
- Heat extra-virgin olive oil on medium heat in a small skillet or pan. Add onions and cook for 2 minutes or until onions start to soften.
- Add peppers and garlic and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the fire-roasted diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and bell pepper rings and cook for 3 minutes or until the mixture starts to simmer.
- Turn the heat down to low. Place the eggs in the bell pepper rings, cover the pan, and simmer for 5-6 minutes (or until the eggs are at your desired consistency).
- Serve immediately.