Color Boss SandwichAugust 1, 2020 2020-08-01 3:32
Color Boss Sandwich
Now this is what I’m talking about when they say you have to eat color.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 2 each garlic cloves
- pinch salt and pepper
- 6 ounces jar sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 4 ounces white cheddar cheese
- 2 each ciabatta or brioche buns
- 1 each avocado thinly sliced
- 4 slice prosciutto, or any meet
- 2 eggs poached or fried
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Stir in the spinach and garlic and cook until the greens have wilted. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Pour the jar of tomatoes (and oil) into a food processor and blend until you have a spread. Spoon the spread into a bowl.
- Preheat the broiler on your over to high. Place the cheddar slices on both sides of the buns and stick them on a baking sheet, cheddar side up. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, just until the cheese is bubbly and melted. Remove the buns and immediately being building your sandwich: spread the sun dried tomato spread on top of the cheese, top with the spinach, followed by the avocado slices, prosciutto slices and an egg or two, cooked to your liking.